8 Father’s Day Acitivities that your Father Will Appreciate
Father’s Day is a special time and helps us realize just how important dads are. Being able to spend quality time with our dads is often taken for granted and this weekend should be special. Looking for something different to do with your dad this weekend? Here are some suggestions to give dad what he wants more than any tie…..time with you.
- Camping – This year you and your dad could start a camping tradition by pitching a tent and enjoying the outdoors. Camping allows bonding like no other activity and sitting around a warm fire telling stories about growing up will be remembered forever.
- Beer Tasting – Attending a beer or wine tasting event is a great way for families to spend time together. Michigan’s Brewery and Winery numbers are climbing every week so there will be no problem with finding a location. Bringing home favorite drinks from the event will provide memories and great taste for time to come.
Bike Ride – pedaling down the street or trail with the breeze blowing in your face while with dad will be remembered forever. Try finding a special path or trail that is surrounded by nature to enhance the experience.
- Build Something – Many fathers are known for being the handy man and fixing things around the house. Some examples could be bird houses, tree houses, or just painting something to strengthen ties with the family.
- Visit Museum/Historical Site – If your father is a history fanatic he would love to visit a site where he can learn and see more about his particular interests. This type of event also provides a great opportunity for memories and bonding experience. If your father is a veteran it would be a great idea to visit some kind of memorial. Remember to bring snacks and supplies for a picnic as well.
- Ball Game – If your father is a sports fan it would be a great idea to take him out to a baseball game. Whether it be a Major League game, minor league, or any other level, watching the game with your dad will be relaxing and a memorable way to spend father’s day. A good place to start would be the new team in Utica with a beautiful new stadium. Please follow this link to their game schedule. https://uspbl.com/events/2016-05/
- Golf – With hundreds of golf courses across Michigan there are plenty of places to find a tee time. The quality of time golf provides will be something you and your dad will always remember and reflect on.
- Music Event – Check what the local music listings are for this weekend. Try to find a relaxing venue where you and your dad will be able to bond and find music that he will appreciate. Remember to pack for the event accordingly and bring a large blanket if you will be sitting on a lawn.