Why Choose a Michigan Independent Insurance Agent
Did you know? Independent insurance agents represent many insurance companies.
Did you know? A captive insurance agent represents just one.
Advertisements promising significant savings on your insurance in exchange for just a few minutes of your time may seem like a great deal, but it’s important to question what coverage’s you may be losing for to get the lower insurance premium. How comprehensive is your coverage if it was designed in just a few minutes’ time by a green lizard?
Price represents just one of many important factors in purchasing an insurance policy. In fact, finding the right coverage for your needs often involves research, but you don’t need to conduct this research alone. Instead, you can choose to work with an independent insurance agent. An independent insurance agent will review many different insurance companies’ rates and coverage options to determine the best fit for you.
You can try to save 15 percent on your insurance in 15 minutes, but here are 6 excellent reasons to consider working with an independent insurance agent instead:
- Competitive – Independent agents want to find you the best coverage at the best price regardless of which insurance company it is. A captive agent can only sell you products and services from his or her company because they only represent one insurance company. So Jake from State Farm is only going to offer coverage and services offered by State Farm. An independent agent can provide an unlimited number of options to meet your insurance needs. Independent insurance agent’s rock!
- Knowledge – When you require legal advice, you contact a lawyer, and when a health issue arises, you visit your doctor, so when you need assistance with your insurance coverage, why not rely on an industry expert? In addition to having many years of experience in the industry, independent insurance agents have also worked with many different insurance companies and are knowledgeable about their individual strengths. Although one insurance company may provide unmatched claims service, another may offer more competitive rates. Based on what’s most important to you, whether it is a company’s service, rates, financial stability or a combination of all three factors, an independent agent will find the best match for you.
- Understanding – Independent insurance agents understand that insurance can seem complicated and confusing, especially when you don’t deal with it on a daily basis. For this reason, your insurance agent will work to ensure that you fully understand your coverage, from what is and is not included, to the deductibles and limits you should carry. After you purchase your policies, an independent agent’s work isn’t over – instead, he/she is available year-round to help answer your questions, update your policy and make coverage recommendations.
- One Stop Shopping – Independent insurance agencies can take care of all your insurance needs, limiting the number of different companies you deal with and helping you stay organized. For example, if you own a small business, you can likely secure commercial insurance coverage from the same agency that insures your car and home. If you’re looking for health insurance, life insurance, or dental insurance, whether for your family or business, most independent agencies can help you as well.
- Reputation – Reputation plays a crucial role in finding a company you can trust, and many independent agencies take pride in the years, if not decades, they have spent serving their local communities. Not only can a company’s many years of service speak to its well-established reputation in the community, but it can also help you feel confident about its financial stability. Although there are many different ways to obtain insurance, would you rather obtain a quote from a startup Internet-based insurance provider that advertised on television, or call a local agent who your friends, co-workers and neighbors could recommend?
- The Right Protection with Peace of Mind – Above all, working with an independent insurance agent will provide you with peace of mind, knowing that when you save money on your insurance, it won’t come at the expense of comprehensive coverage. When it comes to protecting your home, family, business and other invaluable assets, relying on an independent agent you can trust is a great place to start.
Independent insurance agents rock! It’s one of the most common sense decisions you can make regarding your personal or business finances. It’s one of the only cases where you actually pay less to get better service!
When it comes to buying home insurance, auto insurance or business insurance you should choose an independent insurance agent to represent you.
Need an independent insurance agent? Call us at Allied Insurance Managers (248) 853-0930Tags: Home insurance Michigan, Allied Insurance Managers, Life insurance, Independent Insurance Agent, Auto Insurance Michigan, Business Insurance Michigan, Rochester Michigan